Monday 16 April 2007

To Run, or To Write - that is the question!

As I’ve been so rushed off my feet, these last couple of weeks it’s been like, do I write about it, or do I just do it? I’ve not had time to do both...

The good…

I’ve been doing a lot of running with my dog Dooky, which has been fab, as I can run through woodland, just the two of us and feel free. I sometimes feel a bit vulnerable going off the beaten track all alone. It’s that inner fear that I’m still trying to detox out of me, from when I was a kid. The school that I went to made out that if you were to do so much as to look at a stranger when you were alone then that was it, you’d be kidnapped! What a load of rubbish – I’m 24 yrs of age (25yrs old very soon) and I’ve not been abducted once! :0) Anyway, its good to run with a four leggered friend, as I know that she would never see anything bad happen to me. Even when I play fight with Tom or my brothers, she always protects me. Bless her!

The NOT so good…

The down side to running with Dooks is that she poos at the worst possible times, and when you’re in public places you have to pick it up. Not good when you’re doing timed runs! The last run that I did with her I couldn’t see a bin nearby, so had to run with a bag of pooh for about 2 miles!

Gym

I’ve done some good gym sessions recently. I need to go more frequently though. Last Wednesday I had the morning off to do a really good training session and then a run. It was so enjoyable, and the next day I felt incredible!

No comments: