Tuesday 3 April 2007

Finding my running feet again

It’s really shocking to think that after 2 weeks of not running, one can lose a dramatic amount of fitness! I did another 30 min run today, and I felt like I lacked oomph. I’ve been running without my water bottle (strapped to my back in a runners pouch) to make me feel lighter as I throw myself back into the runs, but in all honesty, I think that I’m better off with it, as I think that the extra hydration goes along way. I couldn’t wait to get home during my run today, as I felt I was running in slow motion! This is sooo going to change! I did an hour of yoga today, which felt lovely.

Ouch

I’m pleased with myself that I got myself out running today though, as I scalded my right hand last night. It hurt so much that I cried for about half an hour, and then couldn’t eat my dinner because my stomach was churning. I’ve been a bit clumsy this year, first slicing my hand with a knife, and now scalding myself with near on boiling hot water. I threw Ionic Silver and Hydrogen Peroxide all over it, and it feels really good today, and didn’t even blister.

On the track

I think that I’m going to join a running club soon so that I can do some track work to increase my speed. My friend Bernadine gave me a whole load of running articles that her coach has published. His emphasis of track work during marathon training is big. I use to hate track work because I push myself so hard. I know that in the long run it will increase my chances of getting a marathon personal best.

No comments: