Friday 23 February 2007

Third Training Session

.
Goal:
.
Run 30 mins or more at a nice easy pace.
.
Result:
.
I ended up running 33 mins in total today, to gradually turn my physique back into that of a long distance runner! I did about 15 mins Yoga/stretch after.
.
Session:
.
It was quite a painful run for me today. My abdominals were really hurting, especially for the first 10 mins before I had properly warmed up. Yesterdays run through deep mud, around the field is definatly the reason why. It's all good - my abs obviously needed the extra strength. I feel really excited at the prospect of building back up to running for 2 hrs plus at a time. I think that I'm about 6 weeks away, although I'm trying to take each day at a time.
.
When I got back from my run, I noticed that my foot had been bleeding where my nail had been rubbing (even though it was as short as I could possibly get it!) I've had so many problems in the past with these particular running shoes. I bought them 2 months before I ran the London Marathon, but just could not brake them in. In fact, they nearly broke me in when I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon in them, and my feet got cut to bits, just a month before I was set to do the big 26.4 miles! I think that I'll get my feet tested again, and get another pair. I'm a neutral runner, so I tend to get a good selection of trainners. I'm going to research the latest trainer technology, as I'm a bit out of date.
.
Food
.
~ About 7 bananas in total (6 as a smoothie)
~ Raw Quiche
~ 40g raw chocolate
~ Green salad and low fat raw dressing with sprouted mung means and Superfood flax crackers
~ Slither of Raw Chocolate Love Cake
.
Tomorrow is definatly going to be a REST day for me. My legs are fatigued, and I'm happy with my initial progress...
.

No comments: